Monday, October 4, 2010

An update…

It seems like things have been slow and busy at the same time. I feel like every morning I wake up and think of my calendar. Not much on it… but still the days go by so quickly. I find myself trying to cram one thing after another all day long… oh well. That’s life as a mother of 2 I guess. But I thought I would fill in on what’s been going on in the Wendelschafer’s home…

- Thursday will be our 5 year wedding anniversary! The traditional gift for 5 year I guess is wood… so I suggested to Kiel that he could carve a heart for me out of wood… we’ll see how that turns out:)

- Kiel will be under going some fun dentistry work this week and in the weeks to come. Tomorrow he is having his root canal redone from 2 years ago and then when he “finds” the time he will have his 3 wisdom teeth removed. Fun stuff. I hate seeing him in pain. I have always been ok for taking the medical and surgery for the family. I can handle it… but I hate seeing anyone else go through it.

- I have a new calling…. I was released from the activities committee last week and will be sustained to my new calling this upcoming Sunday.. it seems like the entire ward already knows my calling.. so I will announce that I will be the Mia Maids advisor, in the young women’s… I am a little nervous but also very excited. I have a class of 12 girls.. which seems like a lot, the challenge will be remembering all their names. I am sure it will be fun…. but hopefully I get released right…… before girls camp :) just kidding….

- Connor……… our “sneaky Connor”, what we call him at night… he’s like a stealthy hunter… he sneaks into our bedroom at the perfect time every night… After Kiel’s alarm goes off every night/morning I make myself wake up just enough to make sure Kiel is awake and getting off… Then right as I secure knowing Kiel is safely off I start to go back to sleep.. that’s right when Connor creeps into my bed and “snuggles” with me. I find him laying next to me in the morning.. asking for toons. Sneaky guy. I’ll catch him one of these days… But I love him. I assume one of these days he won’t want to “snuggle” with his mommy. well … hopefully.

- Chloe.. Chloe.. Chloe… she is still my sweetheart. She is walking like a champ and really starting to talk. She is starting to say Thank you and blow kisses. I love it. She still gives open mouth kisses but at least they aren’t the really slimy kind. She is still such an easy child… so happy going and loves life.

Other than all that we are good. Excited for Mom and Dad to come down and visit… plus my birthday and Halloween!!!! Yeah. We love October.

No comments: