Friday, July 30, 2010

One more Confession

While browsing the kids’ clothes at Target today this thought came to me….

~*~

This brings me back to when I was little.. My Mom and I went our rounds on the whole Modesty thing. But I am so grateful for her persistent attitude about it. In her belief, there was no reason or excuse for immodesty. Not for prom, not even for working out…etc… I honestly struggled with this growing up in New Jersey and Maine.. There weren’t very many of us that always dressed modestly but I am go glad that my mom won all of those battles, because now having a little girl, I know that those discussions (hopefully discussions and not fights) are right around the corner and I pray that I can inspired like my mother was… to teach her the way my mother did. Thank you, I love you Mom.

~*~

(And I hope my jar of beans are mostly white… I am sure there are a couple of red ones, but I’m working on those.)

No comments: