Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Answers

For the past month I've been having some health issues and now that I finally have some answers of what's going I feel more comfortable sharing... I normally think of myself as a pretty tough chick about a month ago I woke up to really intense chest and back pain. I felt like I was being squeezed really really hard... after 6-7 hours of this CRAZY intense pain I was finally able to go back to sleep. 2 weeks later the same thing happened... at that point I knew something was really wrong. And during this entire month I found myself being really nauseous and uncomfortable (I even bought a pregnancy test to rule that out)... after going to the Doctor the chest pains happened one more time... while I was waiting on the results of my blood tests and my abdominal ultrasound. Well it ends up that I have Gallstones. I was sent to the surgeon... and today the surgeon told me that my only option at this point is surgery. I have, in her words, "10 beautiful gallstones sitting in my gallbladder". My response was... "as long as they are beautiful it will be OK :)" The gallstones are what has been causing all the chest, back pains and nausea. So next week my Wonderful Mommy will fly into town to help with my babies while I am in, and recovery from surgery. At least with having 2 c-sections I understand what surgery is like. But it won't take as long to recover from this than a c-section, thank goodness! My surgery is scheduled for October 29th so hopefully I'll be good to walk around with Connor on Halloween night! Can't miss that! Well I just thought I would share. Thank you everyone for keeping me in your prayers. I'm so relieved to know what is going on now.

3 comments:

MH5 said...

Let me know if you need anything gorgeous! Will it be an endoscopic surgery?

The Wendelschafer's said...

it's Laparoscopic surgery....

Marissa said...

oh my goodness..i hope the surgery goes well..im so glad you went to the dr..it seems like we all hate going but im so glad you went!! and happy bday..i remembered but didnt wish you a happy bday!