Thursday, March 31, 2011

Creepy Crawlers

A Lady in my ward shared the best idea with me the other day… She had a “Bug” birthday party for her son and she had all the little boys make these Lady Bug containers. So with her advice I went down to the Nursery just one block away and bought 1,200 Lady Bugs for $8! We came home and put these little guys in the frig so they would go to sleep in the meantime we put together our container for some of them.

DSCN2490

DSCN2489

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

We added a moist paper towel at the bottom, then went outside and grabbed some grasses, and some leaves off our tree. Then lastly we added a few water soaked Raisins for the lady bugs to suck on. Then of course we poked holes in the top of the lid…. Now ready for our lady bug friends! Daddy helped with this part… shocker I know. Then we watched them play. Connor and Chloe loved it. They won’t last long like this but we decided to let them sleep in the frig at night to hopefully keep them alive a little longer.

DSCN2492

DSCN2493DSCN2491

What happened to the other 1,150 Lady Bugs you ask? Oh, tonight once it got dark I went out and put the sleepy lady bugs on my plants outside to help my plants from being eaten by other bugs! Go get em’ Lady Bugs! The man at the Nursery told me to do it at night because the lady bugs won’t wander to far in the dark. They will lady their eggs on the plant and they will stick around. So that’s been our day! Bugs.