Thursday, April 21, 2011

long time coming…

I thought I would type this post over a week ago… but this project took me a little longer to finish. A little over 2 weeks ago I started the daunting project of refinishing our deck. I took all the furniture off, moved our plant pots and started cleaning and sanding. Kiel chipped in and helped re-secure some of the posts. After the 24 hour drying time I started in on the staining!! I had to work around the rain that was coming one of the weekends so that set me back a couple of days… but finally piece by piece I finished it! It’s still not perfect… it’s an old deck but I think this has helped and will keep it looking nice for much longer! So here’s some pictures!

With the furniture off and I had sanded as much as I could….

DSCN2519DSCN2520

This is after the Cleaning spray with the power washer!

DSCN2523

2 coats of stain later….

DSCN2528DSCN2530

Add some furniture and Wha*La! Finished April 21, 2011. Yeah!

 DSCN2531

Ready for summer!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! What an amazing transformation! You rock Michelle! Definitely worth all the hard work.

Meredith said...

Okay, that was actually me commenting, not Clint. Grrr...I wish he would sign out when he's done.
~Meredith

Bryan and Janelle said...

IT looks AWESOME!!! I miss you guys. We need plan a little get together soon!!

JenW said...

that looks great! well done! such hard work, but that paid off, it's got lots of years of good times left!

Arian said...

Wow, what a fun backyard! Looks like you're going to have to plan a party and invite us all over. :)