Friday, May 28, 2010

~Week of Crafting~

Thanks to all the Amazing Creative women out there that share all of their great ideas online.. I have been crafting crazy this week!!! Each day Kiel has come home expecting to find something new around the house... so I'll walk you through the house....

my new welcome board above the front door... It's super white but eventually when I get brave enough to paint our great room it won't look so blended in.... anyways... I'm figuring out the vinyl thing....
I added the inspire piece here.. it's black vinyl on a piece of bathroom tile....

This is above my door to the back yard.....


I made these super cute, inexpensive roses for hair or you can put on them your clothing... fun.


During the Gila Vally temple dedication President Monson suggested that each child should have a picture of a temple in their room to inspire them... I didn't find great smaller pictures of the temple for my kids' rooms.. so for now I got them a beautiful picture of Jesus with a child (boy for Connor and Girl for Chloe). Connor was cute tonight... he pointed to his picture and said, Mommy.... that's Jesus... he loves Connor. My sweet boy.

For Chloe's room....


In our bedroom... I made these hollowed out picture frames with fine chicken wire stapled on the back for jewelry..... as I called Kiel to come upstairs to look at them... I said, "Babe, we have a problem here..." As he looked.... he said... "let me guess.. you need more jewelry?!?" Love you Kiel!!!! But very easy and simple idea. I bought the frames second hand... makes it feel more vintage....


Another simple Idea.... I bought these glass bottles at the dollar store.. I just looked for textured glasses... I used Mod Pog with food coloring... and wha la. easy. cute.

And our bedroom... I hung the beautiful plaque my grandparents (the Miller's) bought for us... it says, "All because two people fell in love", added the 2 hanging lamps, the second shelves on the left side and a couple of accessories. I like the light, cozy colors in our room.

The end for now.....

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Mischa! Look at you crafty girl! I remember we modge podged a whole lot in our apartment! I miss you girl!! :)And your kiddos are freaking cute!