Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

There are times that I still have to remind myself of my situation. I am 24 years old... I have been married almost 5 years... 2 kids... a dog... a house and I live in ARIZONA. 6 years ago I didn't even think I wanted to get married... Crazy how things work out.... The sweetest part of my day yesterday was Connor coming into my room to wake me up and saying "Happy Momma's Day" My kids have given me so much joy. I tell Kiel all the time that I am afraid that one day Connor is just going to wake up as a teenager and hate me. I worry at times, am I doing what is right, am I being a good example?
This past weekend I observed 2 teen aged girls and their relationship with their mother's while I helped them get ready for prom. One girl completely respectful, loving, kind and Grateful. My 2nd client.. polar opposite! I love doing updo's and everything that involves getting ready for such a fun event but the mood was just so dampened for me that I just quickly did what I needed to do and got out. On Sunday I called my mom and explained what I experienced and apologized to her if I was ever like that to her.
I am so grateful of the loving relationship that I've had with my mom. She's always been my best friend and greatest example. I pray that my children respect and look up to me the way I've done with my Mother. Mom, I love you and I thank you for being the loving, patient, compassionate person you are. I hope someday I can be like you. Happy Mother's day to all you lovely ladies out there! It's the one day that we DON'T have to do the dishes, at least in my house:) (love you Kiel!)

No comments: