Thursday, June 11, 2009

Enrichment Night

I just got home from Enrichment Night... we had a guest speaker who is really well known down here in Arizona and from what I understand is really hard to book. She was wonderful. The evening was opened up to husbands as well, because the topic of conversation was Raising Children. It was really interesting to hear all different areas that people struggle with while trying to raise their children in a home centered on Christ. She shared her opinions on how to deal with those things. She spoke of children from the very early stages in life and how important it is to nurture and the importance of "touch" all the was through to teenagers and how to negotiate without getting into arguments. As she gave some ideas on how to avoid contention with a teenager I thought of Kiel and I.... I leaned over to a girlfriend and said that's how Kiel deals with me... I'm the one that tries to get him to fight with me... and I'm the one that is throwing the "fits".... I KNOW Kiel will be a great with Connor and Chloe when they become teenagers. If he treats them the way he treats me when I'm "acting up" we'll be set! I call this my "emotional/crazy" phase of the pregnancy.... and the other day I was really upset about something someone did and I was trying to take it out on Kiel and he just ignored me... but he did it in such a kind way that made me even more frustrated.... so I went upstairs and layed on the bed... he kindly came upstairs a little while later and asked if I was done "pouting" and wanted to go out with him and Connor. The suggestions this lady was sharing this evening Kiel already does with me... He wasn't able to come with me because he needed to be in bed but it was obvious to me tonight that he already knows what he is doing and I was the one that needed the advice. Anyways.. not to embarrass myself anymore I just wanted to share my experience....

1 comment:

Kathy said...

You and Kiel make a great team. You are both different enough to help each other along. He's right about the pouting... you and Erin do it way too much... maybe it's because you're a little like your mom.
Love you!