Wednesday, August 8, 2012

First Day of Kindergarten

Connor would be SO So embarrassed if he knew I was writing this… but luckily for me.. he doesn’t know how to ready yet : ) so this morning started off with a big breakfast… I made him eggs, toast, bacon and grapes and a Big cup of Milk. After he gobbled it all up we got dressed…

*Side note…. it’s not as much fun with a boy.. he doesn’t really care what he wears or looks like… I know when Chloe goes to school we will have each outfit for the first week laid out with the accessories and bows.  But for Connor I didn’t really put that much thought into it…

Right before it was time to go Kiel came home from his pull ups and he joined us on our walk to school!!!

DSCN3116DSCN3117

Connor and Chloe in our yard before our walk.

Walking to school only takes about 5 minutes so it’s really nice we don’t have to fight traffic. We were a little early so we along with a million other parents waited outside the gates. Then at 8:15 the Bell rang and over the loud speaker the principal announced “Teachers, Here we Go!! All hands on Deck!!”  It was a crazy with all the parents and siblings but it was fun. We went back to his class room and he put his backpack in his teacher’s line and he had some time to play before the next bell rang for everyone to line up in their class lines.

DSCN3118DSCN3120

Connor playing on one of the many playgrounds.

8:33AM- Ring, went the bell and all the kids started to head towards their class lines

DSCN3122

Connor in line!!!

Then his teacher headed them off to class. With a quick wink and an I Love you, my baby was off. So excited.. he never looked back.

DSCN3123DSCN3124DSCN3125

Leaving the school I noticed a lot of parents were wiping their faces… not from tears of sadness or joy.. but from sweat under their sunnies…. of course it was a 110 degree day : ( but I thought of Connor the entire time he was away hoping he was doing well, being kind, and most of all being patient. I told Kiel… from the minute we become parents you can never turn that off.. you always worry about your kids… For better or worse.. Connor, Chloe and Curtis will be in my heart and on my mind.

11:23AM I was out front of the school waiting for my Connor… Mrs. Giannetta (his new “favorite” teacher… well not yet… ) comes out leading her kindergarten class with her arms in the air she says, “We made it!!”

DSCN3126

I was excited to see my Bubba.. with camera in hand, ready to go for smiles and excitement.. this is what I found….  : (

DSCN3127

Mrs. Giannetta said “he had a rough day”… which I have heard before from his preschool teacher Mrs. Newitt last year…. as he came to me I saw that he had a sad little tear coming down from his face and all I found my self doing was embracing him and wanting to fix it…. I hate seeing him sad… I think he was just a little overwhelmed with everything… he’s so tenderhearted… I think sometimes when he gets overwhelmed he just shuts down. I said he didn’t like school and his teacher and it was too hard…. so I did all I could to pick up his spirits. Right after we went out and got new sneakers and a couple of other outfits for school… a new water bottle for his backpack so he wouldn’t get too hot… and we just talked just the 2 of us… I know it’s going to be tough for him being one of the younger kids but I know he can do it!! This is a very tough, strict school but with a little at home help from Kiel and I, I know he will do great!!! I am excited for him and I know it will be a fun year!

2 comments:

J+M=L said...

This post kills me! Look how grown up he is! I can't believe he is old enough for kindergarten. I'm glad to have another year...as much as I think I'm ready for Logan to go, I'm just not! He'll love it in no time!

JenW said...

hope the days get easier for him, he is so great! you've got a great attitude too, just help him and love him:) you are doing awesome!!!!