Monday, January 9, 2012

My final week with 2….

The past couple of days I have been trying to keep up on my “to do list” and keeping the house clean and organized just in case something unexpected were to happen. I worry about that little stuff… Kiel thinks I’m crazy.. but I told him I would feel terrible if I went into labor and had to leave and there were unfolded (and put away) clothes in our room…. or if there were dishes in the sink… weird I know.. but I don’t want him to have to worry about that stuff… So the kitchen has been clean after every meal, the floors have been vacuumed almost every day, laundry is completely cleaned, folded, ironed and put away all the same day.  I don’t know if I will be able to keep it all up after this little one comes.. but for now… it helps me sleep at night.

Even though I’ve slowed down, the past couple of days have been consumed with cleaning, organizing (EVERYTHING), scrapbooking (I updated Connor and Chloe’s books), grocery shopping and just trying to keep up with the kids. Not a ton of resting going on… but I figure that’s for the hospital… right? Ha. It’s sad when Kiel is the one telling me to sit down and rest… and as I always tell him.. “yeah… in a minute….”

But we are getting more excited around here… My Momma will be here tomorrow to take over (hopefully), no pressure mom… : ) Just have to get through today and I am sure the next couple of days will breeze by. It’s not that I am nervous about surgery.. it’s more like I want to just get it over with. I know what it will be like.. so I just want it to be behind me.. and move forward. I guess I am lucky, surgery and all involved doesn’t bother me too much… I find it to be very interesting and I would probably watch but I’m sure it’s for the best that I don’t.

Well not much else to report right now… Just enjoying the last days I have left with only 2… I am excited for when Curtis comes but for now I am happy with where he is living.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with baby Curtis! We can't wait to see pictures of the little guy. Love you!

*Hayley

Jac said...

Michelle, that is a sweet post. I love it. Good luck!
Love,
Jackie