Wednesday, January 18, 2012

He’s Here!!!

The Fun began early Thursday morning… Kiel woke up around 3am to run out and get some work done before going to the hospital and I was up soon after to get cleaned up and to finish packing. I have to admit that this time around I was very calm and just felt peaceful. Once we checked into the hospital things moved along pretty quickly. Prepping for surgery was pretty easy…. it was like any other day. We were talking politics with the nurse while she was putting in my IV…. After an hour or so of “prepping” me my doctor came in and checked on me and we were ready to go. The walk to the surgery room is always a long and cold one… I was cold all morning that I was shaking. I was surprised at how smoothly things went. After 10 minutes we heard our little Curtis cry. The most frightening/beautiful sound I have ever heard. Frightening because now I have a new baby to take care of and beautiful for the same reason. This was the first time they laid the baby on my chest and let me touch him and give him a kiss.. Connor and Chloe, they just showed them to me and then took them away. He was “handsome” as Connor would say.

  DSCN2878DSCN2875

After a short 20 minute nap… they finished working on me and I was wheeled in to be with Kiel and Curtis. I hate being immobile (I am not a very patient person) but I waited until I was able to hold him. Curtis LOVES being held and cuddled. He defiantly knows I am his momma.

DSCN2884

(in the recovery room)

DSCN2877

First to come and visit was Chloe and Grandma!!! Chloe was so excited to see Baby Curtis!! She loves babies and she no doubt will be a great big sister!!

DSCN2887 Chloe and Curtis 4

Kathy and Curtis

Then After preschool Connor came to see Baby Curtis, He was a little more hesitant to hold Curtis. He was a little timid at first.. he was so sweet and gentle.

Connor and Curtis 2Kiel, Michelle, Chloe, Curtis

Since leaving the hospital we’ve had a lot of recovery time at home with family. Grandpa and Aunt Erin came in for the weekend to meet Curtis and we did some Skyping with family to show off our little addition.

DSCN2893DSCN2898DSCN2909

DSCN2918

Every time Chloe has a chance she will immediately run to the closest chair sit down and then throw her hands up and say “Hold Baby Curtis!!” She loves it… Curtis…uh… not as much.. but he humors her long enough…

While in town my mom has rented a house… so she has been keeping my kids there so I can rest and take care of Curtis at home. It has been a major blessing having her here to help with the kids, and running them and me around. Not being able to drive or lift anything, or a lot of other things is always hard but my mom helps out so much it’s amazing!!

The house she has been staying has been wonderful. It has a great backyard that the kids are able to run around and just be silly. 

DSCN2923DSCN2926DSCN2937DSCN2945DSCN2943DSCN2935

My favorite pic!!

Well Almost a week old and Curtis is 6lbs 6oz and is a beautiful, healthy, happy baby boy! I am in love with him. He’s is my cuddlebug!! It was will so fun to watch all 3 of them grow up together!! I am so grateful everything has gone so smoothly and both Curtis and I are healthy. Slowly I will get myself put back together but until then… I will try to lay low and rest!

DSCN2950DSCN2951

2 comments:

Elizabeth O. said...

I love this post!! Welcome to the world baby Curtis. My very favorite picture is of you in the recovery room gazing over to curtis in his crib. So precious. (And you look way too good to have just had surgery.) Glad you're doing well. We'll give you a little more time but then we want to visit!!

JenW said...

Seriously what a sweet little love bug! I am so glad things are going so well... Genius move with the rented house for mom too! He is such a love... Congratulations!