Friday, September 30, 2011

Quarters for Christmas

Today we went to the bank to deposit some checks and Connor asked what I was doing… I tried to explain so he would understand. Then later we went to the store and I pulled out some cash and Connor wanted to have some dollars, as he said… So I thought about it. Lately I’ve been Christmas shopping for the kids trying to get a head start on it. So I came up with an idea for the kids.DSCN2757I made this simple chart for the kids. For every chore they can earn a quarter and when they reach $20 I told them I would take them to the store and they could pick out a gift for each other. I just love the idea of the kids buying thoughtful (or suggested…) gifts for each other. $20 might be too much to buy something simple .. so whatever is left over they can combine and get baby Curtis something. So today we earned 4 quarters, which we then converted to a $1 bill. This makes me even more excited for the holidays…

DSCN2758

3 comments:

J+M=L said...

You are such a good mom! I'm amazed at the stuff you come up with. So you're naming the baby Curtis? That's adorable!!

The Wendelschafer's said...

Yup... Kiel is in charge and that's the final name.. and plus i love how Chloe says it... it's more like Quartis... love it!!

JenW said...

that is awesome! i really like curtis, that fits just right with your family!