Monday, November 8, 2010

Young Women in Excellence

Last night was the Young Women in Excellence evening.. It was a beautiful night.. not only because the kids weren’t with me:) but because the young women are so amazing in our ward. Their theme this past year has been Hero’s. They have found hero’s in themselves, others and of course the Savior. Each of them displayed a project that they have been working on for their personal  progress. I have to admit that the personal program is way more intense compared to when I was a teenager. One of the girls in our ward with her dad rebuilt an entire engine in a jeep and now it’s her vehicle. Amazing! I don’t even know how to change my oil. Anyways. It was a wonderful night.

DSCN2002

DSCN2000DSCN2008

With 2 other leaders we all created this board… It is surrounded with things the girls have noticed in each other… There are 7 categories and within those categories the girls have watched each other and recorded whenever someone would display one of those characteristics. It was all anonymous, the girls and their parents surrounded the board all night looking for their name.. It was really sweet to watch each young woman go up and see their name. They couldn’t help but smile. Really cute.

DSCN2019DSCN2018DSCN2011

 

 

There were 5 long tables full to the brim with each of the girls projects and poster boards. It was beautiful. It was a fantastic night. With only being in the YW’s for only a couple of weeks I can’t take any credit for anything that night… I mean honestly.. I am still trying to remember all their names but I am very grateful and honored to be apart of the program. It has been a blessing in my life already.

DSCN2015

DSCN2016

No comments: