Friday, November 12, 2010

Amazing Faith

Being in the Young Women’s program has already been such a blessing in my life in so many ways…There has been so many opportunities for growth not only from the young women but from the other leaders. One in particular has strengthened my testimony in such a profound way that I will never be the same. One of the leaders has had this amazing struggle and test of faith, but through her trial she has come out so strong and shown such faith and courage. She has blogged about her entire story and the struggle she had faced with her little baby Lilly. From early on in her pregnancy they knew they were facing a baby with very special needs and knew that there wasn’t a very high chance of this baby making it through the pregnancy alive. This is little girl.. not only survived the 9 months of pregnancy but came out prepared to fight for her life. Long story, short she had Turner’s syndrome and had a cyst on her brain. With many ups and downs..she fought for her life for 12 weeks but, then Lilly Grace passed away on Monday night peacefully with her family.

Today Kiel and I attended the funeral for this beautiful little girl. Even though there was so much grief and heartache for this faithful family there was also this overwhelming feeling of peace. As Kim says in her blog… Lilly peacefully returned to Heavenly Father because her mission on this earth was completed.

Over the past month as I’ve gotten to know Kim and her family.. from day one I have been amazed at her strength and hope for her angel baby. She always spoke of her with such love and grace. Watching her look at her Lilly in the casket today I could only think of her strength and how much she was hurting inside. I thought to myself, how would I handle a situation like this? Could I be as faithful and have such courage? I don’t know.

Last Sunday, Kim (the mother) spoke to the young women on gratitude. This women stood in front of us all and spoke of her gratitude for her Lilly. I have learned so much from this woman and her attitude. She is my hero, my beacon of strength right now. It truly is a blessing knowing as members of the church that we can be sealed together as a family and be reunited once again. I can only imagine the joy that Kim will feel when she is able to wrap her loving arms around her Lilly once again.

I am thankful for those people I am surrounded by that are examples to me of true faith and strength. There is so much hardship out there but it’s our attitude that makes all the difference. I really can’t handle people complaining about things that are so insignificant anymore. Their jobs, Their pay, Where They Live, Whatever it may be. We need to show more gratitude for the blessings we’ve received and move forward. We need to lift each other up.

Kim’s Blog and her story are at…. http://lillygracejones.blogspot.com/

No comments: