Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving 2010

This year it all started with some cute little goodies… I think my eyes are bigger than actual talent… but they turned out ok…

These are my little Turkey’s that gave me a lot of grief. It took me much effort to find the silly candy corn and then I gave up half way through. They are supposed to have heads and arms and eyes… whatever. They were cute enough…

DSCN2080

Next… these are sugar cookies in the shape of corn with Reeses’ pieces and then fruit by the foot as the husks. I think these are what I am going to make again for my young women on Sunday’s lesson.

 DSCN2085

And Last these are my pilgrim hats with chocolate covered mint cookies and Reese's peanut butter cups and a skittle. We took some of these goodies to Sean and Michelle and their family.

DSCN2086

Thanksgiving “To Go”

About 30minutes before dinner was ready, Kiel turned and said to me, “What about bringing dinner to someone?” I didn’t know what he was talking about… He told me that one of the managers at one of his stores was going through a rough time… A recent divorce.. his little girl was spending Thanksgiving with her mom so he signed up to work all day. Kiel asked if we could bring him some food. So quickly we packed up his own Thanksgiving dinner and took it up to him. He was so surprised and appreciative. Another reason why I love Kiel. He is very thoughtful and always looks for ways to serve others. Thank you Kiel for the opportunity to serve.

DSCN2088DSCN2090

Our dinner this year.. Instead of a huge Turkey we did little Cornish Game Hens. They turned out really great. The kids gobbled them up like candy. We had a great dinner, Homemade rolls.. that turned out…. uhh…. ok.. but everything else was delicious! Plus Connor and I shared a small glass of eggnog. He called it his “special Milk” It has been a great day. Happy Thanksgiving!

DSCN2092

DSCN2097DSCN2096

No comments: