Sunday, November 21, 2010

“Thanks”

Ladies in my ward have started this tradition of getting together and having a “craft day”. The Amazing Jen Wilson gathers different craft ideas.. gives us all options and prices and we choose what we want to do or just come with crafts they need to finish and we just socialize. Love the ladies in our ward!! So.. with the theme of Thanksgiving I came home with 3 projects..This Thanks Board… I helped everyone who made one cut their letters out with my cricut… (came in handy for these projects..) and I helped cut the vinyl for the Thanks Jars… they turned out really cute..

DSCN2058DSCN2060

That day I came home and while Chloe was down for a nap Kiel and I sat on the floor and colored pictures with Connor of things we are thankful for. Silly things like our house, our country, our family, of course Buzz lightyear and McQueen, Phineas and Ferb, and Dinosaurs…etc. etc. etc … It was fun.

DSCN2079

This last project is a wreath made with Corn Husks. I went to Michaels and spiced it up with the orange flower. It turned out Pretty cute.

On Wednesday night at Mutual we had a simple dinner for the Young Women and Young Men but as they came down the line to get their food they had to stop at each person and say one thing they were thankful for. So through the line each youth had to say at least 6 things they were thankful for .. then some came back for 2nds, 3rds and even 4ths…. so.. I’ve come to the conclusion that it is my turn to recognize the things that I am most thankful for. Just a couple of things.. I feel so blest that my list could go on and on… but here are a couple…

1. I am so grateful for my little family. I have an amazingly hard working husband, who is my best friend and the most amazing partner I could ask for in this life. He has blessed me with 2 of the most beautiful children. They have enriched my life so much already.

2. Not that I don’t love Connor… he is my best friend but I Love having a little girl. My Chloe is so sassy at times and she has such a little attitude but every morning when I go get her from her crib she just nestles me for a minute. I love the time I have with my little girl.

 DSCN2067DSCN2064

3. I am so grateful for my ward family. The women in my ward are so amazing and loving. Whenever I feel like Utah, Las Vegas, or Boston are so far away (where my family is) it seems like my ward family hugs me even tighter. The ladies live such faithful and uplifting lives that it has blest mine. I truly feel at home with these loving women.

4. I am grateful to live in Arizona. Even though the summers are a little rough and I do complain about them, I am grateful to assess to anything and everything I need. 2 Christmas’s ago when Connor was having seizures Kiel and I rushed to get into the car and Kiel took off I told him to go to the hospital… Well a mile down the road I frantically said “why are you in the right lane? we are going to Banner Dessert!” He wasn’t sure which hospital we needed to go to… Where we live we have 3 hospitals within a 15 mile radius. It’s nice having everything just a hop, skip and jump away.

I know my list could go on and on but I am grateful for so many things especially now more than ever. My testimony of where our blessings come from has grown increasingly over the past several months. I am grateful for my testimony. The people who help me and have helped me strengthen it will always have a sacred place in my heart.

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe Holiday!

No comments: