Sunday, August 29, 2010

Taylor’s Baptism

Yesterday we attended our niece, Taylor’s Baptism. She is the oldest and first to go. It was really sweet to see her and how excited she was to get baptized. She has the sweetest, kindest spirits. Taylor asked Kiel and I to read a poem and give a talk during her program. We were happy to participate. Michelle (Taylor’s Mom) told me that Taylor wanted the 3 white dresses poem to be read. I have always known and loved this poem so I didn’t think it would be a problem. Then yesterday morning my mother reminded me that my Grandma Miller read that poem to me at my baptism and that she gave me 3 white roses to symbolize  the 3 white dresses. So.. what did I do… I went out and got 3 white roses… If I could ever be like one person my Grandma Miller would defiantly be up there on my list. After the baptism I sat and read through the poem and refreshing my memory, I thought this will be easy. When it was my turn I stood up and started to read the poem. After reading the first line my grandmother’s face comes to my mind and I think about how she has been with me while I’ve worn all 3 of my white dresses. I became overwhelmed with emotion and barely made it through the rest of the poem. After I sat down I saw that Kiel was teary eyed as it was his turn to speak.. he leaned over and said thanks:) He did a great job speaking to Taylor about the Holy Ghost. It was a great day and We were so thankful we could be there for Taylor!!

DSCN1526

Taylor and her Uncle Kiel.

DSCN1535

Sean and Michelle, and their 4 kids (Taylor, Cori, Caleb and Gideon)

DSCN1539

Michelle and Sean

No comments: