Monday, August 30, 2010

ABC’s

Today was the day I was ready to start learning our ABC’s. Connor and I have been working together on some pre-K workbooks that I found so I decided it was time to start sitting down with him for at least 30-45 minutes and have a planned lesson. Since he just turned 3 I didn’t want to sign him up for preschool quite yet and there aren’t a lot of women in the ward with 3 year olds that want to do the “joy school” thing so I decided to take matters into my own hands. On other days I might invite some of Connor’s friends to come over and do it with us… but for our first day it was just us! Today was A!!! We talked about a lot of words that start with the letter A.. we glued apples and the Letter A on our basket paper (which he is in love with glue now… which is great, it’s my favorite)…

DSCN1550

   Then we looked at apples, he matched the same colored apples and then of course we ate the delicious apples!

DSCN1549

He said green is his Faaavorite!! I also made a chart on the frig for all our letters. So when he knows the name of each letter he can GLUE it onto the chart! It was a good first day.

DSCN1556

I think he realized the green ones are a little sour:)

DSCN1557

I love my Connor.

1 comment:

Bryan and Janelle said...

WOW. you are an awesome mom. I wish I was your kid!