Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Schools out!

I have to rewind a little bit as usual I have catching up to do. I don’t seem to make the time to sit down and type like I used to do. This working, 2 callings, keeping up with Kiel, and the kids… it’s all exhaustingly different than the past 9 years of our marriage.. but it’s just fun in a different kind of way.

ok so May 21st was Connor’s last day of school. He really enjoyed school this year. He had a great teacher and he is already missing school.

 WP_20140507_004

One of the last days of school I made these Cake pops for all Connor’s teachers and aids. I went in to have lunch with him and watched him as he proudly handed out his apples. He’s such a sweetheart at times… I was at work the last day of school but when Connor came home Kiel said he took him out for a treat and then picked up some Pokemon Cards.. ( the latest fad I guess….) He had a great year, and we are proud of him, this year has been a lot of changes and he has been wonderful with each one. So I am proud of our “Nonnor”

 WP_20140504_025

After School was out Kiel and I were excited about exploring more of Alaska. The weather has been Gorgeous this spring so every sunny day we are outside playing and gardening and out exploring.

 WP_20140512_016WP_20140513_009

This is the scene I usually see from my kitchen window. I love that the kids love being outside and playing with the neighborhood kids. We are so lucky to be such a great neighborhood with kids their ages that play so well together!!!

One of our first trips we planned was a day in Homer! The very southern tip of the peninsula. It’s a gorgeous town with views of the ocean and the mountain range surround the bay. On a clear day it’s breathtaking! There is a strip of land that goes out into the middle of the ocean and on it there are restaurants, shops, hotels, camping sites and then the docks of course! It was a beautiful day, not all the shops were quite open yet but we had a great time! 

WP_20140510_007

WP_20140510_017WP_20140510_023

WP_20140510_036WP_20140510_013

The next week Kiel went back to Homer with a friend of his and they fished off the shore and he came home with 7 flounder and a Pollock. So I fried them up in panko and we ate it up for dinner. The kids Loved it!!! (surprisingly)

WP_20140513_006WP_20140513_007WP_20140513_008

We love Exploring and there is much more to come!!! Stay Tuned!!

No comments: