Monday, February 14, 2011

*Valentine’s Day*

Happy Valentine’s day! This year seemed a little tough with it landing on a Monday. But of course I wanted to do something special. So Saturday morning, while Kiel was working I dressed the kids up for a “photo shoot” in the backyard. I curled Chloe’s hair and spiked Connor’s. All I wanted Chloe to do was point at her eye. Something she will do all day long….But apparently not in front of the camera. After a million attempts she wouldn’t do it. I have lots of pictures of her crying…. and being silly… but out of 100 pictures finally I have ONE picture of her actually doing it. So it’s not the best quality but she did it!!!  Connor + Chloe = goofiness so the other pictures were easy! Then with a little editing magic by Uncle Eric WhaLa! I printed off the 3 pictures and put them in a 3 slot frame for Kiel. Happy Valentine’s Day!

Eye ~ Love ~ You

loveyou

Like I’ve said before I have had a lot of fun trying new recipes. Tonight was no different. Something I’ve never really eaten let alone made from Scratch is Chicken Pot Pie. And Who Better to steal a Recipe from?? The Famous Barefoot Contessa, Ina Garten. It was DELICIOUS and simple Just a little love and patience. We invited Alan over to celebrate with us. It was a fun dinner!

DSCN2427

Mouth watering yet???? Here’s the recipe… Try it. It’s good! The recipe made 5 individual pies (Adult sized) so we have one left over for Kiel later.. and then one in the freezer. Great deal!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/chicken-pot-pie-recipe/index.html 

DSCN2430DSCN2429DSCN2431

 

Then on to Dessert. I wanted to do Chocolate Fondue but instead of going out and spending the money on a fondue pot I just bought a tiny Crockpot and filled it up. It was fun and tasty! DSCN2432

DSCN2434DSCN2438

Well I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine’s Day!!! Until next year… XoXoXo

1 comment:

Julie Letner said...

I love Barefoot Contessa (that's where I got the wine recipe from). I'll have to try that pot-pie recipe.

You are so cute, I love the mini crock-pot for chocolate, what a great idea. The pictures of your kids are totally cute too :)