Thursday, February 24, 2011

Paletas (Mexican Popsicles)

Last night the Mia Maids were in charge of Combined Mutual and with a lot of the girls being sick and my counselor being out of town… I decided to take matters into my own hands… Muah Haha… Not really… All I wanted to do was have a simple, cheap, but organized activity.. So I taught them the Game of Battleship Volleyball. Where there are sheets that hang from the volleyball net so they can’t see the other team. Then each player sits/lays on the floor as the “Battleships” Then the other team throws over a ball and if you are hit, you are out!! It was fun. Well mostly it was fun watching… it was nice knowing I wasn’t the ones being hit :) Then for treats we had chips, salsa and bean dip… and Paletas!!!! Kiel thought I should stick to the “mexican theme” and every other Mexican dessert is fried expect theses. They are simple and delicious. Tried and tested by my kids. They will be perfect when it starts to get a little hotter outside!

DSCN2442DSCN2441

So as requested.. here’s the recipes that I followed.

Banana – combine 2 bananas, 1 cup milk, 1 tsp vanilla, and 1/4 cup sugar. Blend and Freeze!

Strawberry – combine 3 3/4 cup fresh strawberries, 1/3 cup sugar and 1 tbsp lemon juice. Blend and Freeze

Sour Orange – combine 1 1/3 cup fresh orange juice, 1/3 cup fresh lime juice and 1/4 cup sugar. Blend and Freeze.

Very simple but very Fresh and they melt very slowly so perfect for kids!

1 comment:

Elizabeth O. said...

These were delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipes. I will definitely be making them this summer. And also, those individual chicken pot pies look amazing. Serioulsy looks like a picture from a magazine. I checked out the recipe and it looks complicated. You said it was easy. =) But i'm just a beginner when it comes to cooking. I want to try it though. Wish me luck.