Thursday, February 10, 2011

Update

I haven’t been diligent in taking a lot of pictures lately but nothing out of the ordinary has happened lately…. I guess.. But to catch up here are some things we’ve been up to.

While away on vacation Kiel’s truck broke down and it has taken a week to fix it. We will be getting “ol blue” back tomorrow hopefully. And I pray that she’ll run better than ever.

Super bowl weekend was crazy busy for Kiel and he was just glad it was over with on Monday.

I finally accomplished one of my goals.. repainting my bedroom. I am NOT a painter… I am not patient enough for it… and it’s tough with kids because I hate starting a project and having to walk away without it being done. But I finished in one day and was high from the fumes all night. Horary! One thing to check off my list!!

The kids are growing up so fast.. especially Chloe. She now knows all her body parts, even where her “crazies” are.. (that’s what we call the kids’ foreheads… I know mean right…. but silly. Connor still calls his forehead his crazies:) ) This is a little video I made from the other day. Chloe had just finished showing me all her body parts when I pulled out my camera to document it…and this is what happened….

This week has been all about trying new recipes. It’s been fun. I really enjoy cooking and I am getting more daring. On Monday night I thought it would be a nice surprise for Kiel to have “Shrimp and Grits”. Now I am not a fan of Grits at all but Kiel did request Shrimp at some point in the week so I found a recipe and went to town. Kiel said it was good… it needed more butter and of course always more Shrimp… but pretty good. Me, not a real fan but the romesco sauce I made on top was delicious!! Thank you Robert Irvine from the FoodNetwork.

Another new thing I tried today were these little cookies… not much of a cookie more like a meringue cookie.. but cute and easy. They are for my young women on Sunday. Loved how easy they were to make. 3 ingredients. Can’t beat that!DSCN2389DSCN2390 

 

pretty cute, right?

 

 

 

 

Well that’s about it. We’ve been trying to stay healthy with everyone around us getting sick all the time.

2 comments:

Brittany said...

That video had me laughing out loud. She cracks me up! Love her! She's darling, Michelle!

Arian said...

Love all the cooking you are doing. I want the meringue cookie recipe. Looks scrumptious! Oh, and I want to be one of your mia maids! :)