Thursday, February 11, 2010

Trucks and More...

It's Thursday... and I finally feel like I can sit down and get some things done.. It's been a hectic week. Last weekend was Super Bowl of course... and for Kiel that means a Busy Busy weekend of work. A couple of weeks ago Kiel had the idea of going big this year to help promote some of Sara Lee's new products. He decided to hire 2 girls that work for GoDaddy.com to help sell his bread. I have to admit I wasn't fully on board at first... come'on who wants to be hassled at the Grocery store. I feel like I can't even walk 5 feet in the mall without someone saying.. "Hey Miss...." Yikes. I hate salesmen.. anywho.... The more hype Kiel got the bigger the even became. Kiel teamed up with FritoLay who actually donated this little Grill to Raffle off.... (I made the poster and box... yeah yeah I know.. AMAZING! ha) Because Kiel has such a good relationship with his Fry's they allowed him to have a recorded amount of displays in the store... and plus they moved his big display (with the girls) from the back to the front... so needless to say The Girls were right up Front! They were sweet girls and they really did a great job. They handed out coupons to the buns that were already on sale and had a lot of people into the new products. It was a success.. Kiel's event was actually told to one of the executives at Sara Lee and he told Kiel that the company would reimburse him at least 50% of his marketing expenses. That was pretty huge.. considering it being Sara Lee. They were all impressed that Kiel was going the extra mile. They said no one had ever done something like that. So Kiel was a Happy Guy!!


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
But as Kiel's luck would have it... it was also a VERY stressful weekend. Saturday while driving from one store to another... Kiel's truck just completely stopped.. In the middle of the road!!! He called and asked if I could get a number to a towing company to help him out. But as normal Kiel's awesome brothers came to the rescue!! It was amazing timing... When Kiel broke down both his brothers Sean and Marc had just finished with work and came quickly to help. Sean was able to tow Kiel's truck to a near by parking lot and hitched Kiel's trailer up to his truck and the 3 of them finished running his route. It makes me feel so blessed to live close to Kiel's family. They are always there for each other..... But the storm wasn't over quite yet... Kiel had a mechanic come out to check out his truck on Sunday... he couldn't figure out the problem right there.. so he said he needed another day... Sean... the awesome brother that he is told Kiel he could his truck for Monday. Thank you Sean!!! (to tell the story quickly..) 2Am Monday morning Kiel texts me... "Babe the truck is fixed and the mechanic is going to drop off the truck right now." (His mechanic was so amazing!!) So I heard the truck out front... and he was off. Awesome I thought... 5Am... Chloe wakes up as usual.. While feeding her I look at my phone. It was on Vibrate and I had 3 messages. All from Kiel telling me that Sean's truck had broken down on him and he needed my help to switch trucks. I didn't get to it in time so the mechanic Friend came back out 5AM!!! and helped Kiel switch trucks!. So things stand.... Kiel's truck is fixed and working... good "old Blue" and Sean's truck is still struggling.... We love you Sean!!! As my Mom says, "At the Wendelschafer Home... When it rains it Pours!!" The END!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you've had a better week since then! I can't believe that all happened.