Monday, February 15, 2010

Tax Time

Each Year Kiel gives me the task of putting together all the numbers of all our medical expenses for the past year. Due to my organizational (OCD a little) skills.. I was able to put together all the numbers within a half hour!! Impressive... I know:) It always amazes Kiel and I how much we spend on Health care premiums, doctor's bills, hospitals etc.... The grand total this year................ approx. $18,000. To be honest it gives me the sickest feeling knowing that we had to spend that much to keep our family healthy. But on the other hand it's a blessing to live in a country were I have the right to CHOOSE what doctor's we want, the insurance we want and the coverage we need. Because Kiel is self employed it has opened my eyes to how these things work. Even though I frustrated dealing with insurance companies to do what they are supposed to and shopping around to get the best deal, I love having control over our family's insurance. Our country's Health Care system is not as broken as "They" think it is... a little friendly company competition with it's prices and coverage would go a long way!

No comments: