Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Paying it forward

Kiel and I had a very interesting thing happen tonight. We decided to go out to eat for dinner. We went to Oregano's down the street. We waited for about a half hour for a table, we sat down and ordered our meals, then we decided to order their delicious cookie/ice cream desert. When the waitress handed us our desert she told us that our check was already taken care of. We were shocked and questioned her, on who paid for our bill? She told us that is was supposed to be anonymous but after persuasion she told us it was paid for by a couple sitting at the bar. As I leaned slightly over I saw this couple.. I didn't know who they were. Kiel didn't know who they were. I again questioned the waitress, are you sure? is this the right table? Why? She said yes...yes...("they said you looked like a nice family") and She didn't know why.. she suggested maybe it's a way to "pay it forward." We didn't even see the couple eat a meal. They just sat at the bar sipping on their drinks. Maybe they were there on a mission to pick out a couple and make their night. Maybe they saw little Connor's cast :( and felt bad.. I don't know.... Kiel and I left the restaurant thinking about what had happened, and what we can do to continue the cycle. Just thought I would share our experience. It's something to think about!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good things happen to good people and good people do good things for other people. Very inspiring - thanks for sharing. love you both!

PS - you do have a nice family.

utmommy23 said...

That's so neat. Made me teary eyed.

Kathy said...

I remember others being kind to Mark and I when we were starting out and have never forgotten how good it made me feel. We have tried to think of others as we have had the opportunity to share now. Pay it forward whenever you can. Love you!