Sunday, January 12, 2014

Thanksgiving

I know I again have a lot of catching up to do but maybe this weekend I can do that… After My mom left I turned my attention to work and then Thanksgiving. My salon has been amazing at being flexible and working along with our schedule. Kiel’s schedule over the holidays were kinda rough on us. Thanksgiving day Kiel was off to work around 12 and didn’t get off until 2am. Black Friday madness! But I had his help that morning prepping dinner. We were invited to spend Thanksgiving with our neighbors and a couple other friends. I made my now traditional Sweet potatoes with marshmallows and a brown sugar, pecan glaze. Deadly…WP_20131128_001

Before Kiel left for work he helped me make this delicious Coconut Cream Pie.. SOO good!! WP_20131128_011

and then I signed myself up for the challenge of making “homemade rolls” So I called the pro. Libby… She was hesitant but she shared her grandmother’s Famous recipe. I followed her directions, called many times…

 WP_20131128_003

and in the end…….. I KILLED THEM! : (  some how I just suck and breads never work for me…. Boo… so a half hour before having to go to dinner.. we ran into Wal-Mart and bought rolls… Grrrr…..  It ended up being a nice evening with Friends.

I brought over supplies for the kids to make these cute oreo turkeys. The kids snacked on these so much they didn’t even get into the pies… Hey more for the adults!!

 WP_20131128_015WP_20131128_016

I was even lucky to have my girlfriend watch the kids while me and another friend took Kiel a piece of pie at work. Everyone was a little jealous and Kiel graciously devoured it! It was a hectic night at Wal-Mart. Black Friday madness always is but its fun to be a spectator sometimes.

That weekend I believe (it’s been awhile my calendar might be off…) I took the kids to one of the local high schools where they were having a huge craft/trade show. Tons of booths and vendors from all over the peninsula. I didn’t buy much other than this Amazing white, cheesecake, raspberry fudge (thought of you dad) but it was to DIE for.. not being a huge fudge fan.. this is was spectacular! We also met the “real” Santa according to Connor. before going over to the high school we stopped to give Kiel some lunch and there we saw a Santa and walking out Connor says, “Mom that wasn't’ the real Santa.” I asked how did he know that… his response was “He had the wrong kind of shoes.” My Mr. Observant. So this guy… was ligit… Look at those Boots! He was the real deal!

WP_20131130_001WP_20131130_002

And just for kicks…every day I cross the Kenai River going into Kenai It looks different… High/low tide… frozen chunks of ice or steam coming off of it. It’s fun seeing everyday what’s happening on the river. So here’s just a couple of shots…

WP_20131130_004WP_20131130_007

No comments: