Monday, January 13, 2014

My Baby is 2!!

I can’t believe in 2 FAST years my little ones went from this…..

 DSCN2902

to this….

 

WP_20140110_020

These kids are growing up to quickly… especially my Curtis… If I could go back and do his birth and his life all over again I would.. not that I don’t love and cherish my other kids… I just know what a gift from my Heavenly Father Curtis was for me. He was such a surprise to us. He has been nothing but a peaceful, warm, tender presence in my life. Having him in my life and with me everyday calms me and has helped me tremendously through moving here and sometimes just the stresses of life. I truly see him as a tender mercy from my Father in Heaven.

For Curtis’ birthday we celebrated on Friday night after I got home from work and before Kiel had to start another 3 day rotation at work. We got him a Ninja Turtle bedding set to help get him excited about moving into Connor’s room and sleeping in his toddler bed. He had been sleeping in Chloe’s room on her full sized bed but we knew it was time for him to get comfortable in Connor’s room and let Chloe have her room back. Connor is such a great big brother. Even though he might not help the going to sleep time… he sure does love his brother and is always looking out for him. Connor plays that roll so well to Chloe and Curtis. Sometimes Kiel and I have to try to pull Connor back from being “too Bossy” and teach him to just go with the flow but when it’s needed he steps up that roll of big brother with ease. 

WP_20140108_002WP_20140108_003

We had a simple party at home with just us. While at work Kiel was in charge of picking up the cake I ordered and he dealt with the food.. Of course it was a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Party..

 WP_20140110_007WP_20140110_011

so green balloons… Pizza (turtle’s favorite), green salad, KoolAid  and then we ate cake!

 WP_20140110_023

Everyone in the family is apart of the Turtle Team. Curtis is Mikey (Michaelanglio)! It was a nice night just the 5 of us. Curtis got a mini trampoline from Grandma and Grandpa Miller along with other things but I think the trampoline was the biggest hit.. All the kids love it!!! Everyone who comes over jumps on it and loves it. It’s a great way for them to get out their wiggles! The boy didn’t need or want much but the little of what he got was perfect.

 WP_20140112_002

Yesterday (Sunday) was his official Birthday. Kiel was off at work and we stayed home from church due to Chloe being sick. She had a nasty fever and headache most of the day yesterday and again today.. She’s currently sleeping on my bed snoring right behind me… she must be sick.. she never naps anymore… but yesterday while Curtis was napping and while Chloe’s drugs were working she felt good enough to play outside for a minute while I plowed the driveway clear. Kiel helped the kids start this tunnel in the snow and I just helped them clear it out a little more after more snow fell yesterday. They had a good time.

WP_20140112_013WP_20140112_006 WP_20140112_010WP_20140112_011

Connor loves playing outside in the cold. Chloe not as much.. and Curtis only lasts just a couple of minutes… it’s more work getting him into all of his snow gear but Connor did convince me right before it got dark and Curtis and him went out and played again last night. 

1597387_10202637364513123_1285753202_oWP_20140112_017

I can’t believe Curtis is 2. Time really flies by. Kiel always seems more excited to see the kids grow older, which I am too but I have loved raising these little monkeys its tough letting them go… It’s all part of being a parent I suppose.

No comments: