Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Halloween

Halloween kind of snuck up on us this year. It started off with receiving a very cute package at our door. WP_20131019_001we were “Ghosted”. It was a “spooky” rhyme stating that there is a haunted ghost that lived on our street and unless we go out and “ghost” someone else and not be caught then our street would remain safe and unhaunted by this ghost….. etc.… it was cute and so we put up our sign on our front door that said we had been “ghosted” and then we passed on the tradition the next night to another home. it was fun and what a great neighborhood treat.

Next was my Birthday… My 28th bday. Not a big one but it’s starting to settle in and I am getting older now…  I guess I need to start acting like it : ) It was a nice day. Kiel had the day off so we spent it together. He was sweet to me, the weekend before we made a trip to Anchorage and he bought me a keyboard.

 WP_20131120_003

I have been asking for one so I can get better at playing so I can play church music. But on my birthday Kiel took me to get my haircut and then took the kids to the park while I got my nails done. It was nice to be pampered a little bit and get into a salon to get the scoop on things around here. Then we went out to dinner and watched the world series. It was a great day and I was happy that it was just us.

Then comes HALLOWEEN!!!

First event was the ward’s trunk or treat. I wanted to do something special and unique so Kiel volunteered to help me make these colored Rice Krispy treats and help decorate them. They turned out pretty cute and it was fun to do something other than a candy bar…. our ward always combines with the other ward that meets in our building and we have one great big trunk or treat.. even though it was a cold night for us… it was on the warmer side for the locals. They were happy there wasn’t snow yet. The kids had fun. They ran around and then sat in the warm car and snacked on their treats.

 WP_20131030_001WP_20131030_003

DSCN3664DSCN3665DSCN3666DSCN3667

Next event was Chloe’s preschool Halloween day. I have joined a couple of really great ladies and added to their rotating preschool. We meet on Thursdays and rotate houses and lessons. Its been a lot of fun and Chloe has made some really great friends. As you can see from the pictures it’s mainly girls in the group. Chloe just loved the excuse to be able to wear her "Monster Girl” costume all day!

 WP_20131031_002WP_20131031_003

On Halloween Connor went to school dressed up as a Ninja Turtle. I didn’t snap a picture but that night for Halloween he dressed up as Thor. Connor loved that he had options.

 DSCN3668

Kiel drove up just as we were starting our rounds. He was still in his Superman Spirit. He dressed up as Clark Kent again for work. Still to this day people from work call him Clark. I thought I was awesome that he was able to be so playful. In the last photo to explain a little bit.. there was one house in the neighborhood that had some scary music playing and decorations and that made Chloe so scared she wouldn’t even go up to the door. Even with my help she refused.. Silly girl. Some times she is so fearless I was surprised she was scared. With it being ALASKA it has started to get dark earlier so by 5:30 it was starting to get dark so we trick or treated in the dark with flashlights. It made it fun and a all that more spookier : )

No comments: