Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Primary Challenge

Almost 2 weeks ago I did my very first Sharing Time for Primary. I have loved being in primary as the secretary but this is entirely new thing. I feel like after being a secretary for a year I finally figured things out and was comfortable… then they have to switch things up.. of course : ) I am happy and excited about being the 2nd counselor and I am excited about working with new people. It should be fun.

So the entire week building up to my first sharing time I helped Connor and Chloe with the challenge of the month (every month there is a new challenge for each Jr. and Sr. primary) which was to memorize part of the proclamation to the family. It took Connor just a couple of tries and then he had it.. Chloe took a little longer but we were both really impressed she did it!!

So Sunday I asked everyone who completed the challenge and both Connor and Chloe came up. Connor first and then Chloe. I wasn’t worried about Connor but when Chloe came up I was worried that she was going to get a little shy and not do it.. but she was wonderful. I didn’t even help her once!! So proud and happy with my little munchkins!! It was great way to shake my nerves a little. So here they are saying it…. at home..

Proclamation to the family

My Sharing Time went pretty well.. Always room for improvement but getting more comfortable in front of the kids will be the first thing and then I’m sure things will flow much easier. It was a great day .. .but so relieved I don’t have to do it every week : )

2 comments:

Kathy said...

You are amazing!

Unknown said...

You did great, couldn't even tell you were nervous! :)