Monday, May 7, 2012

Recovering

The past 4weeks have been all about keeping Kiel comfortable and getting him better. I don’t believe I have much to do with his rehab but I try to keep him comfortable while he is home. I am sure… well at least I hope he will miss all the extra “pampering” when he’s better. But over all I think Kiel is doing well. Depending on the day he might argue differently but so far his physical therapist and his surgeon have been happy with his recovery.

Last week was his 2 week postop appointment and the surgeon gave Kiel pictures of the surgery.. which I find fascinating (Erin, you might not want to look…) but before Kiel went into surgery the Doctor didn’t know how bad it was going to be until he was in and saw…but apparently it was pretty bad…. when the doctor came out of surgery to find me he said he did great but he did say that Kiel would need another surgery in a couple of months.. something he is not looking forward to.. : ( but he’ll do great. Page1page4

In other Wendelschafer news….

We’ll start off with Connor… He’s my sweetheart. This week is his last week of preschool… I will post pictures of his last day at the end of the week but he has loved preschool! He has the best teacher and great friends in his class. He has grown so much, each and every day Connor surprises us with how much he is learning. We are so proud of him! He is looking forward to kindergarten next year. One thing Connor has really been into lately is coloring… something he NEVER wanted to as a “fun” activity.. it was always work.. but now he really enjoys it. So here’s a couple of his Masterpieces.. kinda silly : ) But I love them!!

2012-04-29 07.33.122012-04-25 14.44.082012-05-06 09.02.16

Miss Chloe……….. oh boy…

 2012-04-20 14.35.45

I mean, look at her… she’s our wild child… I can never take her too seriously.. she’s either frustrating me or making me laugh… silly girl. She has been just loving life.. She talks NON-Stop. She and Connor are best friends and they play so well together, they make a good team… for the most part.

 2012-04-24 15.02.42

Our Little Curtis… he’s still melts my heart. He’s just the sweetest baby ever. He’s getting so big though, it’s bitter sweet to me… I will miss having a baby but I am excited to see him running around chasing after Connor and Chloe. He has his 4 month check up next week so I will post his stats but he’s a big boy!! I think he’s bigger than Connor and Chloe were at his age.. but we’ll see.

2012-05-01 13.46.46

Well that’s a little catching up… Sometimes I don’t feel like I have a grip on thing.. just too much going on and too many things to do but at the end of the day I try to have the kitchen clean and then it’s off to bed. Things aren’t perfect or easy but Kiel and I acknowledge how truly blessed we are. We have an amazing support system with our family and our ward, and of course with each other.2012-05-02 14.09.46

I always tell Kiel… it doesn’t matter if the world is crumbling around us as long as we have each other we can get through it. We defiantly have our challenges in this life but our relationship has always been easy… Kiel is my best friend and I am so lucky to have such a supportive, loving husband… so it’s been wonderful to pamper him a little more than usual with his surgery and everything. Love you babe.  And that’s s taste of what’s happening here in Arizona…

No comments: