Friday, February 10, 2012

This weeks ups and downs

Tuesday Connor came home from preschool not feeling well. At lunch he said he didn’t want any and he wanted to take a nap (knowing Connor… He would NEVER say something like that… ) so we started to worry about him. Later that night we noticed he was having a hard time swallowing… his tonsils were swollen. In the morning he was still not feeling well so we took him to the doctor. Connor has hand-foot and mouth disease. The doctor told me that we were in for a nasty week. There isn’t a cure… just have to let it run it’s course. He gave us Tylenol with codeine to help…

Yesterday we noticed that now our Chloe was getting the same bug.. so we started her on the same medicine. Despite my Disinfecting it spread…. but with little ones its tough.

** Side Note…I have to once again express my gratitude for my ward… I wrote on Facebook on Tuesday after leaving the Doctor’s office what was going on with him.. and to help get the word out that hand-foot and mouth might be going around….then on Wednesday morning we heard a knock on the door.. it was my amazing friend from my ward, she brought the kids popsicles. Love you Jen! Thank you again! They love them and they have come in handy!!!! Thank you!!!!

The same day we took Connor to the doctor I had a doctor’s appointment (my 4 week postop checkup) and he put me on an antibiotic to help me in my recovery. This has been the hardest/slowest recovery I’ve had so far… it has just taken a long time for everything to heal up. It’s been really tough.. I am not 100% but hopefully soon enough. I am grateful for a doctor that has taken such good care of me.

~* But on a fun note, yesterday I offered to cut Connor and Kiel’s hair and Chloe always gets jealous… so to cheer her up I Finally gave her, her first hair cut!!! She’s 2 1/2 and its her first cut!! It was just a trim. She loved it! I am so grateful she lets me play with her hair everyday. Love you Chloe!!!*~  DSCN2958

DSCN2959

DSCN2961

This morning.. we are all still sick. Chloe has thrown up a couple of times.. but hopefully we can get that under control and we all can get in good naps today. I have to say that we don’t get sick to often so I guess it’s our turn… but we’ve been laying low and probably will for the next week…  We just pray that we can keep Curtis from all of this. The kids know not to even get close to him. He’s just so little… it worries me. But so far he’s just fine.

1 comment:

Arian said...

Oh man, I'm so sorry to hear that you are having such a rough time lately! That is just plain awful to have two kids down at the same time while dealing with a newborn. Ugh. Is there anything that you need help with? Anything at all. Seriously!