Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Train says, “Choo Choo”

Connor has always been a light sleeper. A good sleeper but a light one. The past 2 months the train that goes by has really started to freak him out at night. The train will blow “Choo Choo” at least 5 times very loudly.. It’s like they are trying to wake up all the kids in that neighborhood. We live about a mile away from the train tracks but in the middle of the night it seems like it’s much, much closer. So it’s been every 3-4 hours Connor will start to cry or whine with fear of the train. I have tried so many things to keep him calm and to get over it but my tactics don’t seem to be working. I pray this is just a phase and he will get over it quickly. But it’s been like having a baby again waking up a couple of times throughout the night. I am just venting. I love my Connor so much but I am not the most patient person when I am tired so I publically need to apologize to my little one for not being more sympathetic and loving. Working on it. I am just so blessed that our little “sissy”, Chloe is a good… deep sleeper and she just snoozes through Connor’s spurts. We’ll work it out I am sure. But until next time. Sweet dreams everyone.

1 comment:

Just Craptastic... said...

I have a light sleeper as well and have been waking up multiple times a night for the last few weeks. It's exhausting. I know it will go away soon....but soon feels like it's taking forever. I hope you can get a nap in here or there. It helps! Good luck!