Sunday, June 13, 2010

A Hairy Enrichment

Last Thursday night the Relief Society was brave enough to ask me to teach a mini class on how to cut simple Boy and Girl haircuts… I set up shop and thought I would just “wing it”. It went pretty well. Everyone told me they enjoyed it and they took something away from it, but I will always think back and think of how I could have made it better. For each of the 2 classes I taught… I had 30 minutes… which really ended up being over 45 each, I had 2 male models and 1 female. I did simple fade haircuts for the boys.. I did one Faux hair cut and for the girl I did a cute little bob and bangs. I didn’t think I would be so comfortable teaching my craft but it went pretty smoothly. For my last class I did the 2 boys… and then I thought I was going to do a one level simple hair cut on my female model but one of the ladies in the ward convinced both me and my model to cut her hair an A-line, stacked hair cut. Well with 10 minutes…… uh…… I said to my friend.. Amanda that’s at least a 45 minute haircut… and you want me to teach you it all in 10 minutes? Ok… Needless to say we didn’t get home until 9:30. But the neat part was I went over to Amanda’s house the next day and walked her through that same haircut on her adorable daughter so it was all well worth it! It was a fun night. As I told the ladies in the ward, even if you don’t have too.. it’s worth it to know how to give your children haircuts… And I didn’t mind teaching them.DSCN1179 I laid out my new business cards on the table and told them all to take one if they had any questions. Well today in church I was ambushed!!! I have a full load this week with clients. I am so grateful for such a wonderful, supportive ward. Speaking of……

Right before I left for the church DSCN1180Thursday night I came down stairs all ready to go… All dressed in black, my hair curled, my eye makeup was a little heavy and I had a fun strip of Pink in my hair… I thought I would look like a stylist for my class… well when I came downstairs Chloe was just waking up from a nap. Kiel brought her into the kitchen where I was getting all of my stuff ready. She did a double look at me and started to cry. She wouldn’t let me go near her without freaking out! I scared my baby girl. Oh well the show has to go on. We packed up and said good bye to Kiel. The kids had fun in the nursery until Chloe got a little cranky.. Sister Robinson (a great friend) took Chloe outside and rocked her to sleep. Chloe took a nap like this for almost 45 minutes! Chloe is such a little snuggler! Chloe is her biggest fan!! Thanks Laura! It turned out to be a great night.

No comments: