Monday, December 7, 2009

A Challenge

I have to share my day yesterday... Kiel wasn't able to go to church yesterday... and instead of easily staying home with the kids I took it upon myself as a Challenge to take our 2 kids to church... our 4 month old Chloe and my newly potty trained Connor. All morning I was saying prayers that the kids would be good.. I would have patience and be able to get all I needed to get done. We made it to church on time and I sat them in the 2nd row on the right side.. I figured a easy way to escape the front door in case Connor had to go "potty". Right before the meeting started a good friend and her kids sat with us... Which was a blessing. Connor played with his little friend and Amanda, My friend watched Chloe as I ran Connor to the potty. Connor was great. During Sunday School the nursery leader brought Connor to me.. my first reaction was uh oh.. he had an accident. I came out and she said, "Connor said he needed to go potty." I was amazed... usually I went in to check on him and took him out to use the potty. He did great. He went potty (#2) and went back to nursery! I was able to announce our Christmas party in Relief Society.. Run to the young women and talk to them about an activity I am helping them with this week.. and back in time to hear the lesson!! It was a success... Even though I don't plan on being a single mommy.. at least I know I can do it! We missed Kiel but he was proud that we did so great! I am blessed with such great kids and people in my ward that are so amazing!! Their friendship means so much to me. it turned out to be a good day.

No comments: