Wednesday, July 3, 2013

The next Great Adventure

I guess it’s time to make this more public… We have some very exciting, life changing news and for once I’m NOT pregnant. Yea! It’s time for Kiel to have the big news. He was offered the assistance manager position at the Super Walmart up in the one and only……… Kenai, Alaska! Alaska? What??

yes Kiel has signed us up on a big adventure. Kiel has always talked about moving to Oregon or Washington, Utah or even Nevada and of course Alaska.  I have always told him I would follow him to the ends of the earth except Alaska. When Kiel had the over the phone interview for this job I personally didn’t think it would amount up to anything much… I mean why would they hire someone from Arizona with a bread route and all those strings attached. But one week later the HR rep kept trying to call Kiel so we thought something must be up. After a job offer and then a counter on salary they came back and offered the job at Kiel’s counter and the papers were signed and faxed back. Not only with the job offer. They are paying for us to move, which is absolute bananas to me but it’s a great opportunity. I don’t think we would or could shell out 30 grand just to move our family. After digesting all this new information I am very……….. excited. The idea of moving somewhere new and this great new career move for Kiel is very exciting. He is so smart and will do well in any position but this will allow him to grow and show his real talents. The only part that worries me/us are the things we need to do to get out Arizona. But things have just been falling into place so far. For example. When Kiel was hired they told him that he would be doing through an 8 week training in Chino, California. He would be able to fly home a couple of weekends, and they would pay for everything but then a week ago we were informed that his training was here in Arizona. Like 15 minutes away! I was dreading the idea of Kiel being away that long. Such a blessing. There have been a lot of confirmations to us that this is what we need to be doing and it’s the next step for our family. I am very excited about it. Don’t get me wrong. I will be heartbroken to leave Gilbert. I haven't really allowed myself to think about that part of it yet… I know when I do I will slip into a depression. I have loved, loved, loved Arizona and all the friendships that I have, the ward family we have and Kiel’s family will all be so hard to leave… like I said I can’t emotionally get to deep into it or I’ll be hanging out my Kleenex box all day. But we are very excited but there are a lot of hurdles to over come before getting there so my only hope and prayer is that we can get through them without too many scratches and make it to Kenai with a peaceful heart. Here are some pictures of Kenai!

2 comments:

Elizabeth O. said...

Of course I will absolutely miss you but I'm so excited for your new adventure. I just looked up a map of Kenai and checked out the weather too. What a beautiful place! Best wishes!!!

JenW said...

So awesome and cool and beautiful and sad for us that you'll be moving from:) I am super excited for you guys! Let us help you however we can!!