Saturday, September 4, 2010

Confessions

Kiel has always been really good about taking his vitamins every morning… Something I am not so great at. When I was pregnant he would always ask me, like a child.. “did you take your prenatals?” which I would always say yes… (as I was taking it). But now I told him, if he laid out pills for me I would take them. So each morning I come down stairs to a little pile of pills. I don’t know exactly what I am taking but I know one of them is for sure a Fish pill. I love my boy for taking care of me!

One thing I taught Kiel when we were dating was something my dad did with me while I was growing up. Whenever we were holding hands my dad would squeeze 3 times, which meant I Love You. To which I would respond by squeezing once or three times… meaning dido… i love you. So I taught Kiel this awhile back and it has stuck ever since. We do it to each other at least once a day but the funny thing is.. when it’s time for me to go to bed Kiel has already been sleeping for a couple of hours and usually I lay there and hold his bicep or his hand and I will do the 1-2-3 and he will ALWAYS flex back. Even while he’s sleeping he loves me. Melts my heart.

Kiel read in the ensign the other day about a family that decided to memorize “The Living Christ” (The testimony of the Apostles of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Ensign Apr 2000) and how doing that effected the atmosphere of their home. So we decided to take on the challenge of doing the same thing. So each week Kiel and I will attempt to memorize a new phrase or paragraph. Wish us luck.

The other day I got our monthly statement from APS (our electricity company) and our bill was starting to go down!!! I got so excited I had to text Kiel the good news. I know that sounds sad but summer is tough with the electricity climbing so high. I am proud of us. Our bill was significantly lower than last summer… well it also helped that I wasn’t pregnant this summer. I love living in Arizona… it’s hot in the summer but I am grateful to live where ever my husband is.

No comments: